This area provides a list of learning outcomes for each of the modules available through this website.
This Nurse Practitioner (NP) e-resource and the modules, lessons, and cases studies contained in it are based on Nurse Practitioner Education Competencies for Prescribing Controlled Drugs and Substances (CDS).
Quick Links to Resources
A list of links to particular resource content within the Nurse Practitioner (NP) Project Learning Modules.
The Learning Modules provide nursing students with the foundational knowledge they need to safely and appropriately prescribe controlled drugs and substances. The following learning modules are available in this e-resource:
- Module 1 – Professional Accountability and Prescribing
- Module 2 – Basic Pharmacology of CDS
- Module 3 – Assessment
- Module 4 – Therapeutics
- Module 5 – Monitoring and Evaluation
The Interactive Case Studies allow nurses and nursing students to test their knowledge of prescribing in real-life patient interaction scenarios. Each of the following Case Studies focuses on an interaction with a specific population, which include:
- Case Study 1 – Chronic Disease
- Case Study 2 – Mental Health
- Case Study 3 – Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Case Study 4 – Addiction
- Case Study 5 – Older Adults