Monitoring and Evaluation
It is essential that patients receiving CDS medication therapy have appropriate monitoring and evaluation of the beneficial effects of the therapy, any adverse effects and progress at reaching the goals set out in a treatment plan. This module examines effective patient monitoring and evaluation.
By taking part in this lesson, learners will:
- Review monitoring process, tools and evaluation plan.
- Review outcome monitoring including assessment, diagnosis, and goals.
- Review follow up including frequency and type, urine drug screen, and health care utilization).
- Review related activities including pill counts, and physiological changes.
- Review documentation and consultation.
- Review family monitoring, evaluation, and safety.
- Review other/specialty providers including referral support, collaboration, out of scope, and pharmacies.