Module 1: Professional Accountability and Prescribing
Lessons in Module 1 address the following learning outcomes:
- Describe the federal and provincial/territorial legislation and regulations related to NP prescription of controlled drug and substances.
- Identify jurisdictional registered nurse and nurse practitioner standards of practice for controlled drug and substances.
- Describe the role of prescription monitoring systems in Canada.
- Apply tools and mechanisms for safe prescribing and management of prescribed CDS.
- Develop an effective strategy to assess evidence related to controlled drug and substance use.
- Examine ethical principles influencing controlled drug and substance use.