Module 5: Monitoring and Evaluation
Determine follow-up frequency for patients prescribed CDS and activities to be completed at follow-up visits.
Patients who are prescribed CDS are followed up on a regular basis although the frequency of the visits is dependent on their condition. Follow up activities include a review of the goals and the benefits of treatment and a reassessment of safety issues related to CDS.
How often should you follow-up with patients?
Follow-up visits occur at regular interval but vary based on the patient’s condition. The following recommendations provide guidelines on the frequency of follow-up:
- When the dose is being stabilized
- When the patient has mental health issues that are not stabilized
- When the patient is at risk for addiction
- Once every 1-2 months:
- Once the dose is stabilized for the patient’s condition
- Once every 3 months:
- During long term use of a drug or substance for a clearly defined problem if the patient is at a low risk of addiction or misuse