Module 3: Assessment
Assessment, diagnosis, and management of anxiety
Further information about assessment, diagnosis, and management of anxiety can be found through these sources:
- American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
- Hart, V. (2015). Psychiatric mental health. In M. J. Goolsby and L. Grubbs (Eds.). Advanced assessment. Interpreting the findings and formulating differential diagnoses, 3rd ed. (pp. 498–504). Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis.
- Loomis, D. M., Griswold, K. S., & Pastore, P. A. (2015). Psychosocial problems. In L. M. Dunphy, J. E. Winland-Brown, B. O. Porter, & D. J. Thomas, (Eds). Primary care. The art and science of advanced practice nursing, 4th ed. (pp. 1028–1037). Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis.
- Paris, J. (2006). Clinical practice guidelines. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 51(Suppl2), 9S–21S.
- Worthington III, J. J. (2014). Approach to the patient with anxiety. In A. H. Goroll & A. G. Mulley (Eds.). Primary care medicine. Office evaluation and management of the acute patient (6th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.