Module 1: Professional Accountability and Prescribing
Learning activity and reflection
Recall from your practice a patient who is suffering with chronic pain. If you cannot recall a memorable patient, chose a chronic pain syndrome of interest such as:
- Post-herpetic neuralgia
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Spinal stenosis
- Peripheral neuralgia
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Migraine headaches
Think about this patient or pain syndrome as you answer the following questions.
- What national resources are available?
- Are there any resources and standards for care available in my own jurisdiction?
- What non-pharmacological resources are available?
- What resources would you recommend to patients presenting with chronic pain in your nursing practice?